Operations and Support Engineer
Never.no is seeking an Operations and Support Engineer, based in either our Manchester or Oslo office that can support our business with the next phase of growth. We’re looking for a self-motivated, professional person, responsible for helping us grow and develop our infrastructure to enable us to develop best in class technical solutions for the broadcast and marketing industry.
We’re looking for a talented technical engineer, with great ability across Linux server build, IT administration and maintenance, ideally with some skills in networking. More than your pre-existing technical knowledge, you'll need to be a problem solver, a thinker, and solutions oriented in the way you approach everything. Some experience in networking, scripting, complex builds and virtualised environments would be very advantageous! We’re looking to you to improve our current system set up and see where you can improve and streamline for our next phase of growth.
The role is one where a continuous learning approach is needed, as you create best in class solutions for complex problems creating strategy, toolkits, designs, architecture and take ownership for some awesome technical roll-outs and developments. It's a very technical environment, and you'll have a great time if you love working for innovative, progressive, technically driven organisations, where we are challenged every day by our partners and where every solution needs to be better than the last. Continuous improvement, and awesome solutions to complex problems are what we live for.
We have a wide and diverse global client base including some of the world's industry leaders such as ITV, Televisa, Al Jazeera, ITN Productions, Channel 4, Publicis Groupe and Sky.
Our engagement engine STORY enables clients to directly engage with their audience and integrate UGC and other sources of dynamic content directly into live broadcast and streams as well as multi-channel advertising campaigns that drive deeper relationships with target audiences and markets.
• Daily operations and maintenance on our cloud-based production network, internal development networks and employee laptops
• Project-based work within customization and development. A knowledge of data integration systems into major broadcast graphic systems would be advantageous (such as Vizrt, Brainstorm, Chyron etc)
• Different tasks before delivery, including installing servers and applications, integration, configuration and documentation of systems to customers
• Internal testing of never.no cloud-based software and services for clients
• Perform system administration functions for servers and network
• Support the Sales and Account Management team in training our clients in the use of never.no’s cloud based software solutions.
• On-site support for our sales and marketing teams during trade shows and product demonstrations. This could involve some travel around the world
• Along with the development team, act as the first line of support for customer support queries and critical support solutions
• Assist with the commissioning of computer hardware
WHAT DO WE NEED?
Education in IT or other relevant subject area
Applicant should have current experience in managed IT services.
Expertise in Linux-oriented networks a necessity
Experience working with AWS, Nagios, Ansible and/or Puppet would be advantageous
Understanding of Office 365 for deployment, configuration and management.
Perform advanced troubleshooting of servers, networks, and services.
An understanding of VMware and Microsoft operating systems
Applicant must possess an intermediate understanding of networks and databases, switches and routers
Experience in high volume, live broadcast or quick-turnaround project delivery a plus
Ability to develop cross functional relationships ensuring an exceptional level of client satisfaction and support on a consistent basis
Applicant must be a self-starter and have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience or equivalent
Fluent in English
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Work permit to work in either United Kingdom or Norway
Willing to travel internationally
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the form below and include your CV and a Cover Letter and we will be in touch. Sorry no agencies please, only direct applications will be accepted.